Terms and Conditions
LAST UPDATED JAN 2012
- We may modify the TOS from time to time. Please read the TOS and check back often. If you do not agree to any change to the TOS, then you must immediately stop using the Site. Any changes made after you have placed an order will not affect that order however, unless we are required to make the change by law.
- To use some of the services or features made available to you on this Site, you will need to register.
- When you register, you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- Should any of your registration information change, please notify us immediately from My Account – View Messages – send message, or via the Contact Us page, or at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELIGIBILITY TO PURCHASE
- In order to make purchases through the Site, you will be requested to register and provide your personal details. In particular, Customers must provide their real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Furthermore, when ordering items, you will be required to provide payment details and you represent and warrant that the payment details you provide on ordering are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the Billing information provided.
- The Site is available only to individuals and others who meet the MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE terms of eligibility, who have been issued a valid credit card by a bank acceptable to MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE, whose applications are acceptable to MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE and who have authorized MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE to process a charge or charges on their credit card in the amount of the total purchase price for the merchandise which they purchase. MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE reserves the right to restrict multiple quantities of an item being shipped to any one customer or postal address.
- By making an offer to purchase merchandise, you expressly authorize us to perform credit checks and, where MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE feels necessary, to transmit or to obtain information (including any updated information) about you to or from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your credit-card number or credit reports (including credit reports for your spouse if you reside in a community property jurisdiction), to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorization and to authorize individual purchase transactions.
Furthermore, you agree that we may use Personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability.
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE offers products for sale that are in stock and available for dispatch from our distribution center. Occasionally, however, we may be waiting for shipments from our designer suppliers. Consequently you may from time to time be given the possibility of making an Advance Payment for certain items in which case you are able to make an Advance Purchase. This will ensure that you receive this item in priority once designer stock has been delivered to MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE.
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE will only take Advance Purchase orders for stock that has been scheduled for delivery by a designer/supplier. Your rights regarding Advance Purchase are the same as those for any other purchase at MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE. Alternatively, you may simply choose to register your email address for notification of arrival of the selected merchandise not held in stock.
- Items received into stock may be pre-allocated to satisfy Advance Payment orders and customers making Advance Payments will receive items in priority to customers on the Waiting List or customers ordering through the Site for immediate delivery. Please be aware that we may be unable to deliver selected Advance Payment merchandise due to production problems or quality check issues identified when we receive an order into stock. In these circumstances we will notify you by email and refund the Advance Payment to your credit card within thirty days of being advised that merchandise has become unavailable.
- If you have registered your email address for notification of the arrival of a specific product featured on our Site, we will attempt to notify you by email within 48 hours of the product becoming available on the Site. Please note that on occasion certain products that are in particularly high demand will sell out during this period.
Please note that items in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers.
- Prices shown on the Site are in Euro and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate unless you have selected an alternative country where VAT is not chargeable.
- All prices and offers remain valid as advertised from time to time. The Euro price of a product displayed on the Site at the time the order is accepted will be honored, except in cases of patent error.
- Product prices are set at the beginning of each season using existing currency exchange rates. These prices are subject to change if the applicable currency exchange rate changes before your order is accepted or the items are subject to markdowns at any time during the selling period.
- Customers purchasing from a country served as DDP will incur relevant import duty and tax. These costs are included in the final purchase price. Customers purchasing from a country served as DDU will be charged for the items purchased and shipping costs only. Import duty or tax costs will be invoiced to you directly from our shipping provider or an import broker appointed by you; we recommend you contact your local customs authority to determine a landed cost price prior to purchase completion.
- If you are a customer whose credit card is not denominated in Euro, the final price will be calculated in accordance with the applicable exchange rate on the day your credit card company processes the transaction.
ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER
- Once you have made your choice and your order has been placed, you will receive an email acknowledging the details of your order. This email is NOT an acceptance of your order, just a confirmation that we have received it.
- Unless you cancel your order, acceptance of your order and completion of the contract between you and MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE will be completed when we email you to confirm the goods have been dispatched. The sale contract is therefore concluded in Brussels, Belgium and the language of the contract is English.
- We reserve the right not to accept your order in the event, for example, that we are unable to obtain authorization for payment, that shipping restrictions apply to a particular item, that the item ordered is out of stock or does not satisfy our quality control standards and is withdrawn, or that you do not meet the eligibility criteria set out within the TOS.
- We may also refuse to process and therefore accept a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any merchandise from the Site whether or not that merchandise has been sold; removing, screening or editing any materials or content on the Site; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal and any other methods which may be clearly advertised on the Site from time to time. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account upon placing of your order by MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE. You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have been specifically authorized by the owner of the credit/debit card to use it. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- We take all reasonable care to make our Site secure. All credit card transactions on this site are processed using PayPal, a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details in a secure host environment. If you are a registered MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE user, we do not store your credit card details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process card transactions which you have initiated.
- To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology from DigiCert High Assurance CA-3.
Furthermore, we will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
Making a return is easy on our site. Just make sure you request your Return simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button within seven days of receiving your order.
- All items are quality controlled and checked for any faults before they are dispatched to customers. Should you receive an item that is not in perfect condition please contact us immediately.
- If you want to return an item(s), you must request your Refund online within 7 days of receiving your order. Items should be returned within 14 days of receiving your Return Request number.
- Please send all items you wish to return from an order in the same shipment to ensure your return is processed as quickly as possible.
- Items should be returned in their original packaging to ensure they are adequately protected in transit.
- Free collection does not apply to items returned from a different country to the original shipping destination.
However, you may return the goods to by any secure means.
Our address for all returns is Felicia TELEUCA, Rue Auguste Heene 10/1, 1190 Bruxelles, Belgium and we request that you contact us at
or at felicia.teleuca arond gmail com in relation to such returns.
- Items should be returned new, unused, and with all MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE garment tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, soiled or altered may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if any of your purchases have been delivered without a MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE or Margueritte Couture tag.
- All items returned should have a Return Request number. Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender.
- PRODUCTS MADE UNDER THESE ORDERS CAN'T BE RETURNED. That is, items made to measure or whose color has been changed will not be returned for any refund.
- For standard items:
- The return costs are charged to the customer.
- Reimbursement is made within 30 days of the request for refund.
- The return MUST be done in recommended package and the item must be intact and in its original packaging.
- A Return Request number should be asked within seven days of receiving your order. You should then return your item(s) within 14 days of receiving this number.
- Returns outside these time frames may be accepted at the discretion of MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE and may only be refunded as a store credit. Please note that Return Request numbers requested after seven days will also be granted at our discretion.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be completely accurate.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Your use of the Sites and its contents grants no rights to you in relation to any copyright, designs, trademarks and any other intellectual property and material rights relating to the Content (as described in the Content section below), including MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE Software and all HTML and other code contained in this Site. All such Content, including third party trademarks, designs and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on this Site are protected by national intellectual property and other laws and international treaty provisions. You are permitted to use the Content only as expressly authorized by MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE and/or its third party licensors.
- Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Without limiting the foregoing, copying and use of the above listed materials to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
- However, you are permitted to make one copy for the purposes of viewing Content for your own personal use.
- In addition to the Intellectual property rights mentioned above, "Content" is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on this Site.
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE tries to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete. MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE does not promise that MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE's Content is accurate, error-free.
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE does not promise that the functional aspects of the Site or MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE's Content will be error free or that this Site, MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE Content or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- We always recommend that all users of the Internet ensure they have up to date virus checking software installed.
NO COMMERCIAL USE
- This Site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any content, software, products, or services contained within this Site. You may not use this Site, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own Site.
- You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and for all of your communication and activity on and pursuant to this Site. If we determine that you are or have been engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the TOS, we may deny you access to this Site on a temporary or permanent basis.
THIRD PARTY SITES
- We may include hyperlinks on this Site to other websites or resources operated by parties other than MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE, including advertisers.
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Web Site and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
You have certain rights under the law. These include, in Belgium:
- That any products you order through this Site will be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose, and will conform to any description given on this Site
- Certain remedies if a product is defective; and
- A right to cancel any order for a product within seven working days commencing on the day after the date on which you receive it, and receive a full refund even if it is not defective.
Nothing in the TOS is intended to affect these rights. For more information about your rights contact your local Customer Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Bureau.
LIMITS ON OUR LIABILITY
- We accept liability arising from our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
- Nothing in the TOS is intended to affect your rights under the law (see "Your Rights" above).
- If MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE breaches the TOS we shall only be liable for losses which are direct losses and a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where, for example, they could be contemplated by you and MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE at the time of you placing your order, and MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE dispatching your order. We shall only be liable for losses up to 150% of the total value of goods purchased.
- We are not responsible for losses not caused by our breach or negligence, indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us (for example, loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
- We are also not responsible for failure to meet any of our obligations under the TOS where such failure is due to events which beyond our reasonable control.
- At our request, you agree to compensate us fully, defend us and hold us MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE harmless immediately on demand, its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses, including legal fees, arising from any breach of the TOS by you including the use by any other persons accessing this Site using your Internet account caused by your action or inaction.
- You acknowledge and agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE as a result of the TOS or your use of this Site.
- You agree that you may not and will not hold yourself out as a representative, agent, or employee of MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE, and we shall not be liable for any representation, act, or omission on your part.
- If you breach the TOS and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the TOS.
- The TOS together with all our policies and procedures will be governed by and construed in accordance the relevant Belgium law and the relevant courts of the Belgium will have exclusive jurisdiction.