Last modified 6th of January 2014
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE collects personal information in several ways when you place an order, buy a gift voucher for a friend or register for a service offered by MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE.
- If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order.
- Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks.
- Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our shipping agent for delivery services.
- These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
HOW THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USED, INCLUDING ANYONE IT MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
- MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Your personal information may also be shared with other trading divisions within the MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
- We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates but only ever in accordance with your preferences (as detailed in the next section). We don't sell your details to third party marketing companies.
- We do collate statistical information about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which we may pass on to trusted third parties but these statistics do not include any information which can identify you personally. We see this as a value-added service helping you to find useful products or services.
- Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors' needs.
MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
In addition, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing by sending from My Account – View Messages an e-mail with the Subject 'Unsubscribe':
(i) Our regular update service which will send you email alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests and events of interest. Such alerts may include marketing information about MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE, our subsidiaries or selected business partners; and/or
(ii) One-off marketing promotions from us.
- We don't sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by us/MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE.
- At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Simply send from My Account – View Messages an e-mail with the Subject 'Unsubscribe' .
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE MAINTAINS
- If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the "Log In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID.
- Information may be changed online within Your Account Details, Your Address Book, and Your Wish List.
- If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through customer check. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at
or simply from My Account – View Messages and we will amend your personal details.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- We will use our best endeavors to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners' to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS – DISPLAY ADEVRTISING SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE has implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This means:
Data is used from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics. This may include:
- Overview (overview of traffic by age and gender)
- Age (traffic by age ranges)
- Gender (traffic by gender)
- Overview (overview of traffic by affinity and other categories)
- Affinity Categories (behavior by affinity categories)
- In-Market Categories (behavior by in-market categories)
- Other Categories (behavior by other interest categories)
These reports may allow MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE to see not only how many times a user visited over a date range, but also who those users are, and how their behavior varies by attribute (e.g., male vs. female).
This data is also available in custom reports, and it can be used as the basis for segmentation, to evaluate how the users' behavior varies by demographics and interests (for example, do women interested in Apparel convert more frequently or read specific types of content more than females who are interested in Shopping).
If you do not agree with the data collected for Demographics and Interest reporting:
Via the Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
We also encourage you to visit Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web.
Google Disclaimer on Cookies
Google Analytics collects the information it normally does, as well as the DoubleClick cookie when that cookie is present. For more information about this cookie, visit the Google Advertising Privacy FAQ.
You can also manage many companies’ cookies used for online advertising at the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based Your Online Choices. Finally, you can manage cookies in your web browser.
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS
- If you wish to talk to a MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE.COM customer care representative please call +32 475 424 822 or write to: Felicia TELEUCA, MARGUERITTE ONLINE STORE, Rue Auguste Heene 10/1, 1190 Bruxelles, Belgium.
Note about minors
Minors (under 18 years of age) are not eligible to use our site, and we ask them not to submit any personal information to us.
Our policy for the protection of your personal data is strictly compliant with the laws applicable in Belgium and the European Union:
- the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 (the "privacy law") amended by the law of 11 December 1998 and in force since 1 September 2001
- European directive No 95/46/CE of 24 October 1995 on privacy protection